Common people mostly have fickle minds; they are always guided by what they want to believe, often for their advantage. When they are worried, frightened and clueless about the long run they are most susceptible to doubt and conspiracy theories. The past half a year people all around the globe are very disturbed by the COVID 19 pandemic, not really much due to the deadly effects of the virus than the restrictions and lock-downs derailing normal life it’s earned its wake. They desperately have to go back to the sweet normal times and live happily ever after, and therefore they jump to just accept and believe fully when some motivated souls offer that’COVID 19 is a scam, it’s only a’annual influenza ‘. Thus the’doubt virus’is created and the social networking as always helps it spread-at times even more quickly than the killer virus. Possibly the basic impulses for skepticism stem from the reality that over 808 of Coronavirus positive cases are mild in nature and recover easily, only the elderly with co-morbidity are most vulnerable and that typically the death rate is low at 1 to 4% except for a few countries. However, facts also show that the dead includes young people too and everyone can be infected out of this most contagious virus.
The conspiracy theories originated in the United States, as always, where extraordinarily’democratic’chapters of the citizens opposed the lockdown and restrictions from the beginning symbolizing these with the’agenda’of President Trump. Several conspiracy theories linking even the tragic murder of George Floyd started doing the rounds in the US of which we won’t make an outline here just to stop vulnerable minds undergo and inculcate doubts. We’d only like to say here that writer got a cultural media forward giving a connect to articles by some’enlightened soul’who took pains of great arguments to’prove’that the pandemic is just a’political hoax ‘. Once we mentioned earlier lots of vulnerable people got influenced by this, and none other than a medical surgeon of the Indian state of Assam who even lodged a FIR alleging that only a’annual influenza’has been called a pandemic and he wanted action contrary to the concerned governments. This, naturally, created a string of reactions in the state driving news channels asking the hapless common people about their’doubts’on the COVID 19 infections as opposed to destroying the dilemma.
Now, this’annual influenza’theory reduces at the essential premise itself: if that’s so then this phenomenon must certanly be occurring each year, and why then this year must be so different! Governments need not have gone on a crisis drive to produce more and more healthcare facilities including ICU beds merely to tackle an annual event of flu. Then come the experiences of varied affected countries and governments tackling this’annual influenza’some of which we narrate below as arguments to break such types of fake and motivated views:
1. Let’s take the exemplory case of the Chinese experiment. Ignoring lots of conspiracy theories about China itself we only ask here why would China need absolute authoritarian measures to tackle the virus (well, even annual influenza is the result of a virus) when it comes to continuous lockdown and rigorous enforcement โควิด 19. After being successful in keeping the infected numbers below 100,000 the country is still fearing another outbreak, and risking its economic downswing again to stop its spread. Its aggression against India can also be explained as a part of its apparent desperation. An annual flu cannot explain these.
2. Why would countries like UK, Italy, Spain, France, USA and Brazil suffer so much from an annual influenza that killed more than half a million up to now and is still on its deadly prowls? Why would Italy reduce itself to a situation of helplessness with dead bodies of Corona patients littered everywhere or why would a German finance minister commit suicide over Corona worries? How one would be to account for a death rate of over 14% (seen in several countries) for an annual influenza virus?
3. Why would the doctors and experts of the World Health Organization keep on telling’lies’that the brand new Coronavirus is quite dangerous that would probably stay for a lot more than 2 yrs and the worst is yet in the future despite whatever campaigns or actions going on or taken against it? We seemed to possess accepted at first that pandemic is the greatest crisis ever faced by humankind. Now, why have second thoughts and doubts?
4. Why would countries across the world keep on taking huge risks for an economic crash with unprecedented unemployment and pave the way for a recession possibly worse than the Great Depression? Specifically, why a developing country and a most promising upcoming world power like India should risk whatever it’s achieved in development so far.
5. Exactly why is this kind of mad rush all around the globe to fast-track production of a vaccine against only an annual flu? At the least such an intensive medical research cannot mask an invisible agenda whatever that may be.
Within the last few few days new cases in India have already been rising at nearly 25000 daily with the only solace that daily recoveries increasing steadily and the death rate is fortunately still low; the concern being a rising positivity rate indicating community transmission. Only at that crucial juncture we must not pay heed to conspiracy theories and fake news. Such theories have obvious goals: to generate publicity for unknown persons or groups or to produce a kill when it comes to profit. For instance, if your link for articles with sensational and terrifying headlines gets circulated across social networking and motivated media outlets consider the kind of clicks being generated which directly translate into money.